Why you should make strength training and
adding lean muscle a priority
Are muscles really that important you might ask?
- Increased muscle size makes you more sensitive to glucose and insulin which means less fat around the belly and better blood sugar control.
- More muscle increases your resting metabolic rate, so you burn more calories at rest throughout the day.
- A lean, toned look increases confidence.
- Muscles are vital to maintaining health and wellness as we age so you can move, live well and reduce our risk of injury.
- Strength training will also help you maintain your bone density as you age.
Life is easier STRONG!
Levels of Strength Training at GH2
Hypertrophic Strength Training
– Uses mostly dumbbells and kettlebells to develop muscle tone and mass.
-Focuses on proper technique for all major lifts while building strength and comfortability with strength equipment.
-Centered around the four major barbell lifts (bench, squat, deadlift, and overhead press) and accessory exercises to enhance strength and muscle mass gains.
-Strength lifts and accessories set to a timer with rotations through exercises like Met Con.
-High intensity compound functional movements placed in a timed workout.
Strength Training for Special Populations
-Total body strength for teens and athletes.
-Overall strength, balance and mobility for those 65 and over.
Still unsure about where to start with Strength Training?
Try Private Training
30 minutes for $35
45 minutes for $50
Contact Heather 508-340-2398 to get connected with a trainer that suits your needs.
Need to add quick protein to support muscle development and your protein goals?
Stop in at Whirled Domination for a shake, bowl, or bar.